- The arena offers 28,000 square feet of clear span area that can be subdivided.
- The 3,400 square foot concourse is inviting and can be used as additional space for events when available for patron parties, ticket areas, additional seating and much more.
- Choose your own caterer! The Castine Center does not charge to bring in a caterer of your choice!
- The Castine Center has tables, chairs and staging to meet most needs.
- A conference center with two 25' X 25' rooms with a movable wall for meetings, training sessions or changing rooms for weddings and special events
- 330 parking spaces plus overflow parking lots available
- Covered porte-cochere for arrivals and departures in bad weather
- A 900 square foot caterer's warming kitchen with a locked storage area
- A pair of 20' X 20' outdoor cooking pads adjacent to the kitchen for seafood boiling, bar-b-queing and deep fat frying
- Two (2) 18 wheeler bays for loading and unloading
- A 12' high overhead door for access to the showroom floor
- A beautiful ceramic tiled concourse outside the main arena that is ideal for trade show and convention registrations or cocktail hours preceding banquets
- Sixteen (16) electrical floor outlets for electrical needs during trade shows and conventions
- Access to phone and internet services during trade shows and conventions
- Three sets of men and women's upscale restrooms
- Staffing provided to maintain trash, bathrooms and lighting during events
The District put the project out to bid in June of 2021 and the bid was awarded to Smith Construction of Lacombe at a cost of $2.7 million. The Castine Center renovations will include new flooring and sound attenuation in the arena, renovated restrooms, new fixtures, a new outdoor courtyard area, upgraded restrooms in the conference room area, a new family restroom and skylights with enhanced lighting in the concourse. Additionally, the District is adding much needed office and storage space to accommodate our growing staff and needs.
The District is working closely with the contractor to limit impact to our rental groups, leisure program participants and general public. Things may be a little messy for a while, but it will be so worth the wait and it will fulfill the current and future needs of the community. We appreciate your patience and can’t wait for you to see all the new changes!